CPC PEOPLE – Rossella Buffolino presents the packaging project
Rossella Buffolino tells us about the new packaging project. Eco-sustainability and branding are the key words of this new path undertaken by our company.
Today we meet Rossella Buffolino, in CPC for just over a year but already passionately engaged in the great challenges that distinguish us.
- How many years have you been working in CPC Inox?I’ve been working at CPC for just over a year, I started in July 2020.
- What do you do?I am part of the quality team, I have a degree in materials engineering.
- Describe the Company with 3 adjectivesCPC INOX is a dynamic, forward-thinking and environmentally conscious company.
- The thing you appreciate most about your work?The sustainability of materials has been a key element in my studies, so working for a company that is concretely committed to environmental protection and the search for “green” alternatives is exciting as well as challenging. The packaging project I’m currently working on goes precisely in this direction: developing solutions that keep semi-finished products safe but at the same time do not have a negative impact on the environment.
- Can you tell us about the new packaging project? This project is interconnected: on the one hand we are developing new packaging sheets to be presented to customers, in collaboration with production operators, and on the other hand we are, with the help of suppliers, evaluating all the alternatives that can be put into practice and help us in our objective.
The project has two macro objectives: the improvement of the packaging system in favor of alternative materials with low environmental impact (for example, increasing the use of cardboard where possible and introducing the use of polymeric films that allow us to reduce the amount of plastic waste or that have recyclable characteristics), and the strengthening of CPC’s brand image.
- How will the new packaging impact CPC Inox’s image?Strongly. As I said, one of the main objectives of this project is to make our packaging highly branded and immediately recognizable. We want our distinguishing features – quality, punctuality and speed – to be conveyed also through our external image and attention to detail.